I figured it was time for status update, so…
- First, Is there an app for that? Well, if you’re talking about the Inside PA Training blog, the answer will soon be yes. An enthusiastic reader (shout out to Zhanna!) suggested we come up for an iPhone app so you can take IPAT on the road with you, and we decided she was right. The app is currently in development. No promises on when it will go live, but if you have features that you’d like to suggest, leave them in a comment, and we’ll try to make them happen.
- School. We’re wrapping up our busiest quarter this week. To give you a sense for it, we meet for classes on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, from 8-5, and there’s an exam scheduled each day. Tuesday is pharmacology (gastrointestinal drugs, drugs for pain, and drug safety and monitoring), Wednesday is medicine (a painfully broad comprehensive exam on Gastroenterology, nephrology, and cardiology), and Thursday is our third oral practicum. I have no idea, but I’m guessing they’ll give us a patient with hypertension or high cholesterol. As for this week’s lecture, we’re learning about diagnostic imaging and who-knows-what-else.
- Friday, to celebrate another set of exams completed, we’re going skiing/snowboarding. Fresh powder at Kirkwood – mine all mine. And if anyone brings a textbook, they’re going to get hit with a slushball (Bill Cosby fans out there?)
- We then have three weeks without classes. But so we don’t get bored at home, we’ll be doing a 40-hour online and text unit on EKG on which we’ll be tested the day we return to campus. All in all, not my idea of a break, but I suppose I signed up for it.
We Need Your Help!
- If you like Inside PA Training and hope we’ll continue and grow, please know that you can help us make that happen. The more readers we have, the more we’ll give up our much-needed study time to research and write posts. One way to tell the world about us is if you post links to us. All you need to do is copy the following snippet of HTML and paste it to any website, forum, or even in an email to a friend:
<a href=www.mypatraining.com>Inside PA Training </a>
Don’t mega spam anyone, but if you know a place online with people who might enjoy IPAT, let ‘er rip!
- I thought I’d throw out a little love to you quiet readers who’ve been a little too shy to comment. We don’t yet have a forum (looking into that – maybe after the iPhone app?) so for now, please know that we respond to all comments, and would love to hear yours. Got a question? That’s where many of our post ideas come from. Feedback for the site? We’d love to hear it. So drop us a comment or an email (emails go through the contact page, up above), and let us know what you think. Wish us luck! -Paul